Home MyStudio Family MyStudio

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ice Cream and Nostalgia

Hoping you are all having a wonderful weekend so far. The family BBQ and ICE CREAM TASTING is tomorrow and I am so looking forward to it. I hope it doesn't rain but it's looking good so far.



Yesterday my husband built us a little focal point in our backyard which is not completed but you'll get the idea. It is a little Tiki area that we can lounge under one of our trees. It is hard to describe to you but this little river house has come a long way since we first moved in five years ago! We are finally getting to the outside with our style and design. I am so looking forward to our family visiting to see our new spaces outside!



I have decided to enter into my first a blog swap I am so excited! I have a lot on my plate right now but could not pass up this opportunity. I have been wanting to do a swap for some time and one should never pass up an opportunity when it presents itself! The wheels are already spinning in my head for what to make, create, put in the box/ bag etc. I love the topic of this swap as I have been feeling very nostalgic lately.


I just got word that my aunt is starting the proceedings to sell my grandmothers house, a house that has always been my FOREVER home. We moved a lot and this was the stable place that never changed. My father and mother met in this neighbourhood and courted and then were married. I lived there with my grandmother for many years also and I have watched the house go through changes but it's always been there and it's always been HOME. It will be a long process before it is sold but the thought of it is still alarming to me. I know it is a needed move and so I am focusing on the fact that at least I had my wedding on her front lawn and I am planning a trip to the old neighbourhood with my Mum in July to take photos and say my goodbyes!

I have always wanted my grandmothers kitchen window. It might sound strange but my grandmother spent entire lifetimes feeding the birds from that window and one day I hope to have it placed into a house that my husband and I live in so I can do the same... through the same window. However if this does not take place... I will get photos of the window this trip and make some wonderful art piece to hang in my kitchen!

I have also finally found a supplier for one of my all time favourite magazines that I just simply cannot get here in Canada. It is now out of print also and has been since 2003. So I ordered all of them that I could and hopefully this will all be a fabulous transaction! The magazine is called ATOMIC and it is all about retro style and vintage life! It's simply wonderful!



No comments:

Post a Comment